Cardiff based Sports Massage and Injury Rehab
Sports Therapy is an aspect of healthcare that concentrates specifically with the prevention of injury and the rehabilitation of the patient back to optimum levels of movement and/or functional, occupational and sports specific fitness, regardless of age and ability. A sports therapist uses a variety of physical techniques to bring about a physiological change within soft tissues. It concentrates on the musculo-skeletal side of things from the outset.
It uses the principles of sport & exercise sciences which incorporates physiological and pathological processes to prepare the participant/client for training, competition and where applicable, work.
Looking for a Physio in Cardiff ? Then get in contact today.
Therefore A Sports Therapist is a healthcare professional who has the knowledge, skills and ability to:
- Utilise sports & exercise principles to optimise a clients performance, preparation and injury prevention programmes.
- Provide the immediate care of injuries and basic life support in a recreational, training & competitive environment
- Assess, treat and, where appropriate, refer on for specialist advice and intervention.
- Provide appropriate sport and remedial massage in a sport and exercise context
- Plan and implement appropriate rehabilitation programmes in accordance with the symptoms that present.
If this sounds like something that might benefit you then get in touch today. I have a specialised Cardiff Sports Massage clinic and also offer Cupping therapy, ISTAM, Sport Taping and Dry Needling for injuries and dysfunction and much more in-between.
Any questions at all please get in touch by Contacting Me